Pupil Premium Statement
Schools and Academies receive a Pupil Premium Grant to support their work in tackling underachievement by disadvantaged pupils.
We will work hard to support disadvantaged pupils. We will regularly review our actions and their impact and add or remove initiatives to ensure continued success, raised aspirations and to limit social exclusion.
- We are committed to ‘narrowing the gap’ between all pupils and any specific cohort or group of pupils.
- We will ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of our pupils.
- We will ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups; this includes ensuring that the needs of pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium Grant to support any pupil or group of pupils we have legitimately identified as being disadvantaged.
- Funds will be allocated following an analysis which will identify priority groups or individuals.
- Not all eligible pupils will be in receipt of Pupil Premium interventions at one time.
In order to judge the impact of Pupil Premium expenditure on pupil outcomes we will use the following criteria.
- Average Points Score – Reading, writing and mathematics
- Progress in – Reading, Writing and mathematics
- % Attendance
- % Persistent Absence
- % Fixed Term Exclusions
For each measure we will compare Pupil Premium pupils against other pupils in the Academy.
We will also compare the achievement of our Year 6 against all pupils nationally.
Please follow this link to access our Trust policies.